Boy, a 9-year-old boy, died after he was sucked in by a balloon while he was playing in a backyard in Michigan, authorities said Friday.
The boy was in the backyard of his grandparents’ home in Flint when he died, according to a statement from the Monroe County Coroner’s Office.
He was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, according the statement.
Authorities said they were investigating the accident.
The girl was not injured.
The Associated Press reported that authorities believe the boy was riding a balloon when the balloon popped, and that the boy’s parents were at the scene when it popped.